What we do:
How we empower women:
We aim to empower both the sewing ladies at Holi Boli and the ladies that buy our clothing. The sewing ladies are empowered by receiving fair wages, status in their community, excellent sewing/designing/pattern making skills, and a safe and women-friendly environment to work in. Our customers are enabled to positively contribute to the development of our global community and wellbeing, while wearing clothing that has been made beautifully. We promote unity, collaboration, kindness and empowerment; sisters helping sisters. #loveyoursisters
How we are kind to our environment:
- We source our Indian cotton fabric at our local market to reduce our carbon footprint.
- To reduce landfill wastage we use our fabric cut-offs/end of rolls to make beautiful one-off garments ("upcycling"). We call this our 'Sustainability Project'.
- We use recycled shopping bags for packaging.
- To reduce our energy usage we sew mostly with non-electric treadle sewing machines.
- We also sew on refurbished vintage machines.
- We draft all our paper patterns by hand the old fashioned way using no electricity or fancy expensive printer.
- We cut all our fabric by hand with scissors, not an electric cutting machine.
- Small fabric scraps are used in the sewing class for the students to practice on.
- Fabric scraps from the sewing class are donated to one of the sewing ladies who is making stuffing for pillows and cushions at her home.
Phone IN: 00917735026133
Phone NZ: 006478080280
Address: Bhalupali, Ainthapali, Sambalpur, Odisha - 768006, INDIA